THE SEAHAWK MARCHING BAND!
Keiser University's Flagship Campus officially unveiled its Seahawk Marching Band in the fall of 2018. The ensemble is now auditioning for the 2019 season and is open to students and community members. Students interested in joining the band should fill out the interest form at www.keiserband.com.
- Band-O-Rama weekend - Saturday, March 9th and Sunday, March 10th (Color guard, Majorette Dance, and Musicians)
After the auditions, there will be performances on campus including a performance by Stryke World Percussion.
- Scales - up to 3 flats/sharps.
- Fundamental Exercises - battery and/or mallet exercises. Available from Dr. Hayward.
- Short Piece - prepare a piece or pieces, around 5 minutes in total length, that best displays your playing ability.
- Color Guard - prepare the audition routine for flag and/or dance. Available from Dr. Hayward
Audition slots are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Scholarships are available for qualified Flagship students. Contact Dr. Hayward today to reserve your slot.
About Dr. Andrew Hayward: Dr. Hayward has been active in the marching arts as a performer, educator, designer, and adjudicator for over twenty years and has won awards at local, state, and regional competitions.
Dr. Hayward received his D.M.A in clarinet performance from Rutgers University in New Jersey under the guidance of Jessica Phillips of the MET Opera. He keeps an active private studio and completed a fifty-appearance conducting tour this past spring.
A former member of The Cadets, he gives back to the activity he loves by inspiring students to reach for new levels of excellence.